Share this post:
It’s that time again! Since most of us already know the basics of housecleaning and we perform many of the tasks on a regular basis, here are just a few of the spring cleaning tasks we sometimes forget.
• Wipe down walls and ceilings. Use a vacuum attachment or duster to remove loose dust and cobwebs, and then use a damp cloth with or without a solvent-free cleaner to wipe down.
• Clean furniture. Take sofa cushions outside and beat the dust off by hand. Use a vacuum attachment to clean underneath cushions in in crevices. Refer to manufacturer tags if there are stains to remove, or try a freshener such as Febreze to freshen them up.
• Wash curtains and/or follow manufacturer instructions to clean your curtains and window treatments.
• Wash window screens. Sometimes we make our windows sparkle but we forget the screens so the overall look is still cloudy due to dirty screens.
• After wiping down the walls and cleaning the floors, reseal grout lines between the wall and the floor, if necessary.
• Machine wash and disinfect or replace bedroom pillows.
• Clean attics and basements, making sure to seal and protect the items you have stored in these spaces.
• Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and make sure your units are clean. Also, make sure everyone in your household is aware of fire escape routes, where to seek cover during tornadoes, etc.
If you think of some things that are not included here, feel free to leave them in the comments!